Often potential clients are seeking a faith-based therapist simply so they can feel safe and understood while focusing on other items as their primary reason for seeing a therapist. Others may be experiencing mental health related concerns that immediately overlap with their faith. Still others may not identify with any particular faith but wish to see me for other reasons.
For those seeking a Christian therapist specifically because their primary concerns directly overlap with their faith, here are just a few areas I can offer support with:
- Spiritual Abuse and Trauma
- Feeling marginalized by church community
- Making sense of faith when spiritual power is abused
- Anger Towards God or the Church
- Reorienting After Leaving the Faith
- Religious Anxiety/Religious OCD (aka Scrupulosity)
- Staying Healthy While Questioning the Faith
Please feel free to contact me to schedule a free phone consultation so we can get to know each other a little before we schedule a meeting.