Response to COVID-19 and Policy Changes
Given the Guidelines for Santa Clara County and recommendations from the American Psychological Association, I’m making a few relevant changes to comply with these guidelines in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
For your protection, please note these relevant changes:
- Until further notice, I am now only offering virtual therapy services. When you schedule an appointment, I’ll be in touch with you regarding further instructions for our appointment. I’ve transitioned to using Doxy as my virtual counseling platform.
- Reduced hours due to limited access to childcare. If you wish to schedule with me sooner than my schedule reflects availability, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can coordinate meeting sooner.
- Increased availability between sessions for brief emails and phone calls. Given the sensitive nature of the season we’re in and potential lack of confidential spaces to access virtual counseling, you’re welcome to reach out to me between sessions for additional support where needed.
- Lenient cancellation policy*. Though I ask that you do your best to cancel appointments with 24 hours notice when possible, I will waive the charge for canceled sessions for as long as I keep this notice posted to my website.
- *Effective September 1st, 2020, I will reinstate my 24-hour cancellation policy as posted in the initial contract forms. I may choose to waive the fee for cancelled appointments on short notice on a case-by-case basis.
I’m not accepting new clients at this time to allow ample time to meet with current clients.
For more information on precautions for COVID-19, check out the Santa Clara County Public Health’s Coronavirus Guidance